BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, December 23, 2004

O Snow, O snow, why don't you go?

I wrote that lovely poem when I was 16 - that's right, it took me 16 years to find that poem inside me and put it down on paper.
I am not a snow person - well obviously, cause they have twigs and stuff for hands which makes typing awkward at best, impossible at worst. Anyway, me and snow? Not so much.
But here it is. The first real snowfall. We have had ground covering in Guelph up to now, but this is the first day I think you could truly measure it with a ruler and be a bit wowed by the result. We have a foot now and it's still coming strong, with the promise of freezing rain to come.
Lovely.
So, here I am tap tap tapping on my laptop and working from home. Work - blog, you say potato, I say...
Alan stayed home from work too. He's a bit more anxious than I am about it. But he cannot do any work from home. He has no way to tie in to his AS/400 (not that it couldn't be done, just that he doesn't have it set up), so he is off to shovel as I "work."
I'm going to babble for a while as this is likely my last blog until well after Christmas.
Olivia is home with us for the morning at least. She's napping now. I think today is the holiday party at her daycare, so we may take her over in the afternoon - if Al decides he must journey to work, then he can drop her off on his way. Alan is mostly anxious because today is present day in his department and we made up these baskets of goodies and if they don't go today, then what do we do? The baking won't make until the 4th of January. I'm willing to just believe it'll all work out.
Oliv has not been in the best of moods lately. She's still her happy content self 50% of the time, but the other half? Yikes! Whinge and whine. Maybe she's coming into some terrible twos? Who knows?
Last night we finished wrapping presents for everyone but each other. And the house is semi clean for tonight - I have invited the neighbours over for treats and drinks. I will have to brave that terrible white stuff to go to the grocery store. We have the presents sorted and in baskets for each house they have to go to and I have started my packing list. So, all in all I'd say we're in good shape.
All right, I've bored the two people who seem to look at this blog enough for one day. Happy Holidays Folks, wherever you may be.
V