BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

And we all shine on

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." --John Lennon (Oct. 9, 1940 to Dec. 8, 1980)

A site with John Lennon quotes: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_lennon.html

One of my earliest memories (and I was six - which makes it old to be having an early memory, but I know this is a memory and not a picture, if that makes any sense to anyone but me and my monkey) is coming home to find my mom with her head on her arms, on the table, sobbing. When I asked what was wrong, she told me that someone had shot John Lennon.
Well, I cried too - but mostly because my mom was sad.
I have a lot of early memories that involve the Beatles. Riding in a circle on my new big girl bike with a friend singing help. She had seen the movie, so this had more meaning for her than me, but it was fun!
I remember spending a summer with a friend and wearing out Side 1 of the White Album (on tape). Same friend, different summer, we wrote poetry (really bad poetry) to Beatles' songs.
When I had Olivia - one of my hospital CDs was a Beatles' love songs mix I had put together. And now, it's her lullaby CD.
I won't speculate on what John Lennon would have been or done if he had lived, but people sharing all the world and not getting too fanatical in their beliefs would be an interesting place to be.

Before you go to sleep
Say a little prayer
Every day in every way
It's getting better and better
V