BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

It's a marshmallow world in the winter...

The snow has struck - but not with a vengeance or anything. Just a crisp topping on the browned and yellowed earth. And as it's sunny out today, the layer of white doesn't seem so awful. Earlier in the week when it snowed and was grey and blah, it just seemed terrible to me to have that cold cold stuff back with us.
The other reference I'm going to make to the title of this post is about marshmallows - kind of.
Tis the season of sweets, no? Never mind the baking I did - we made these chocolate crispy balls that are rock hard, but really good - every day at work, someone is bringing in new treats. It's wonderful, and horrible, and wonderful. I just finished an orange chocolate meltaway. It's my new favourite thing.
One exec fell a little bit in love with some peanut brittle (but she wouldn't put out, so you know... ;-) I kid). And apparently the chocolate covered pretzels are really good. Uh Yah. So loads of junk, but also loads of merry merry making.
Today I also tried Calaloo Roti and then I remembered I don't like spinach that much - but if you like it, it's worth a try.
Off I go. Have a good one,
V