BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Take your big black cow and get out of here

One of my more famous mondegreens would be thinking Steely Dan was singing about a guy in a bar with his cow... and not his drink. (real line: DRINK your big black cow and get outta here).
I love misheard song lyrics - http://www.kissthisguy.com and I've misheard them myslef a number of times. In Procol Harem's Whiter Shade of Pale: Real line - And so it was, baby. My line: (first I thought it was) I'm sowing wild oats baby. (then I thought it was) Eyes open wide, baby.
Little River Band's Heard it in a Love Song becomes Purdy Little Love Song.
Sometimes the misheard one really stays with you. Beck's I'm a loser - the chorus (and I have no idea what he's saying) becomes Soy on my candy corn, and that's how it will always remain. That one wasn't mine - I read it in a book called "Scuse me While I Kiss this Guy" (another pretty well known misheard lyric, up there with There's a bathroom on the right and Revved up like a douche, another hummer in the night).
Another one I use whenever I hear Ain't no Woman Like the One I've Got? Ain't No Woman Like the One-eyed Gott.
Anyway, if you have any of these, and feel like sharing, please do.
Have a good one,
V