BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Monday, December 13, 2004

So Close

I can almost taste it now. The feeling of being totally done and prepared. It's within view.
I baked like a madwoman for some of Saturday and most of Sunday (had to stop at 8 p.m. for Survivor). So, the fudge is ready and wrapped, the many loaves (banana and lemon) are ready to go, shortbreads and cranberry cakes are done and lots of chocolate treats too.
Alan and I were also able to get one of the calendars we will make printed. We'll lay out number two tonight.
I have two more presents to buy and I even know what they should be. Then I just have to wrap and make baskets, so the end is near!
I am about to try Scottish dumpling. It smells great - raisins and currants in bread dumpling. It's good. A little Christmas cake-y, but good.
Warms my Scottish heart. (Canadian-Scottish, that is!)
I cannot wait to see Olivia on Christmas morning. We got her two great building toys. One that she can build up and then send a pingpong ball through her creation and one that is kind of stacking shapes. We are looking to cull the existing toy pile a bit. We'll box up some stuff for the next one (IF) or ship some stuff to Gramma B's for play time there. Did we have this many toys as kids. I always remember having a lot of them, but I don't remember them spreading from room to room to room like this.
All right - off to work. Pay no attention to the list from Friday - I think I got the press release done and that's it.
Survivor note: "Chris is such a liar" blah blah blah, "Twila swore on her son" blah blah blah. Like they wouldn't have lied cheated and stole for a million too. It's a game! This is not who those people are. It's not actually "reality", just TV. At home, these are all good people, I'm sure. But they went to that island to try to win a million dollars. They didn't go with friends for a vacation. It just bugs me when people have a bit of sour grapes on shows like these. All I can say is I'd do it too, if winning was what was important to me - and I wouldn't sign up if I didn't want to win.
Take care,
V