BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

There's a monster at the end of this blog

There is a book - starring lovable, furry, old Grover - called The Monster at the End of this Book. It was a pretty big favourite of mine as a child, so when Olivia was really little and I saw the book at a garage sale, I jumped on it (then they made me leave for jumping on the merchandise! :)).
So Olivia has had that book read to her a few times now. Add that to the fact that one eating "trick" we use is to tell her she is an "insert food here" monster - and she will then "attack" the food - and maybe I shouldn't be so concerned and shocked that on Monday night there were tears at 1:30 a.m. When asked what was wrong, Olivia replied, "Monster," and I promptly took her to sleep with me.
Monster. Where does the ability to marry that phrase, which has been mostly positive, to something scary in the dark come from? I admit, it could be TV. It could really very likely be TV. *&^%ing Little Bear.
Off to fight monsters of the mind in closets and under beds everywhere!
Take care,
V
PS - do you think it's odd that Blogger's spell check does not recognize the word "blog?"me too.