BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Monday, October 03, 2005

Serenity Now!

Opening night of Serenity has come and gone. Were Alan and I there? Oh yes, yes we were.
The room was filled with fellow Whedon lovers, waiting for his first foray into writing and directing on the big screen. Were they disappointed? Oh no, no they weren't.
It was like a return to something that had been missing, in terms of witty writing and the best-placed, and paced, silences in the world (the silence of space being compromised, notwithstanding).
The acting was wonderful - Firefly fans would tell you that was just the norm for that group. I laughed out loud and I cried. I actually had to stop myself from full-on balling.
I'm also very sure that anyone in the audience who had never seen Firefly wouldn't have known the difference. The plot was completely it's own being. Nice job. I really enjoyed it and the battles were pretty good too.
I would urge those who like to see interesting and large-scale effects on the big screen to check this one out.
You can't stop the signal.
Take care,
V