BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Monday, August 08, 2005

Quirks #1

Recently I have been a little self aware (not a lot, mind you, just a little). I think I have a lot of quirks and I thought I would go through a few of them here.
Here's one that occurred to me last night.
I have a dishes order (nope - that's not the quirk - i bet a lot of people have a dishes order) and I arrange the dishes to be washed on the counter according to their spot in the dishes order - cutlery then glasses (cutlery must be rinsed first, or glasses should go first), cutting boards (thoroughly scraped if they have had raw meat on them) bowls, small plates, big plates, platters, tupperware, pots and pans. This is also not really the quirk.
Here's the thing - it turns out I also have a drying rack order. Cutting boards at the back, then big plates, then little plates, bowls leaning against the cutlery slot (always positioned at the front of the tray towards the sink). Cheese graters (after plates, but before platters) can get tucked beside the big plates. Last night this occurred to me to be quirky when I caught myself washing and rinsing the bowls and leaning them on the cutlery slot, then washing and rinsing the little plates - and at this point I counted the number of slots I would need to leave empty in order to have enough spaces for the big plates, which I washed and rinsed and tucked behind the small plates. Tupperware lids go in empty plate slots (if the dish rack is too full for this - it's time to dry and empty it). Then the bowls randomly around the real bowls, pots and pans leaning on the tupperware.
Another sad note about all this is that I kind of get angry when people don't do things in this order. In their own home, their own dishes, possibly their own order, but I think it should be the same as mine - as, frankly, mine is best. I sh*t you not.
Take care,
V