BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My beautiful baby is 2

How did that happen? Olivia is two. That means I've had her in my life for 730 days (I guess 731 if last year was a leap year, i can't remember). That's mind-blowing. Yesterday i can remember looking down at her little head while she was nursing - her eyes are scrunched closed, but every few gulps she raises her eyebrows and my heart shifts and gets a little closer to the edge. Oh, I am falling, and hard, for this baby. That should only be yesterday not 600 yesterdays ago...
Two is the time for driving mommy nuts, no? No, not really. I can feel her frustration when we don't understand what she is telling us. Children are brilliant. No matter what happens to their ability to learn as they grow, they start off brilliant. Recognizing things around them, finding things funny, pointing things out to us, associating words to items and feelings, taking everything we throw at them in and eventually turning it around. Truly fabulous.
Happy Birthday Olivia May Berry. Thank goodness for two years ago today!

Olivia, my lovia, you are the bright in the dark. Your quick smile cheers those around you and your laughter is the starting point for a world of smiles. May life always bless you with happiness and wellness, you deserve no less. Typing, even saying (or Guess What? whispering), I love you, cannot really describe what I feel in my very soul every time I think of you, or look at you, or touch your hand. You are my miracle.