BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Money sucks my bum - Large!

Money is actually not that big. I have no idea how many bills you would have to use to make up one of me, but I'm guessing it's a lot. So here is this money - bills, change, whatever, such a small physical presence, and such a huge "other" presence.
Top of mind probably half the day right now is money - not just my problems with it (it's love/hate), but other people's problems with it. Are the people I love ok? I wish I had enough money to make all their problems disappear, but I don't. That type of thinking.
Once upon a time, my friends and I were joking (kind of) about the fact that so many people in our generation are relying on matching six or seven numbers as their financial planning. How sad is that? Or even worse, to think that one day my money problems will be solved, and someone I love dying will be the reason why - I hate that - I actually really hate that - and I don't hate that many things, only half-assedly anyway.
Again, I have to remember to count my blessings. I think there was an old email that went around - it could be a hoax, snopes.com anyone? but it wouldn't matter to me, the message is there - that spoke to wealth. I think that it said that if you had money in a bank account and a change jar and change in your wallet, you were in the top eight per cent for wealth in the world. So no more tears in my beer. (eww beer, I'd rather drink bread.) I am one of the lucky ones, and I likely have more than I need anyhow, right?
Except the kitchen floor is going to give and the faucet in the tub... ;-) (it's just too easy to go there!)