BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The singing sensation that is sweeping the nation

Last week I headed to Orlando for work and my mom came over for a few days to help out (as did my other mom! Thank you moms!).
My mom introduced Olivia to American Idol and the two had a nice time watching the contestants belt it out. Naturally, Olivia wanted to watch the show this week, so on Tuesday she stayed up with me and watched Idol. I'm not a big fan, but she was keeping up an interesting commentary and i was enjoying it. Suddenly, Olivia turns to me and says, "Now i will be the singer and you be the other guys (meaning the judges)." She stands up, grabs her imaginary microphone and lets go. Oh, the wonder of my girl. She hit notes i didn't know existed. Making up some truly odd lyrics, something about assuming and losing and being alone. As the cute, but toneless, song continued i was trying to hide my laughter from her and she just swayed to her own music. When she was finished, she turned to me expectantly and i offered a "Yo, dog. that was awesome", a "Wow, you're the bestest , ever" and a "that was THE performance of the night. Really, really good." She seemed really pleased with the feedback!
Then the next person was playing a guitar, so off she went singing and playing guitar and letting me know that this guy (the eventual winner), was not her favourite, but was grandma's favourite.
Olivia often tells us that she is going to be a singer and she continues to work hard on being a star.
Future stage mother,
V