BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Racing notes

Definite SPOILERS in this post.
The Amazing Race 7 has one more episode to go. In between building a lasagna for tonight's dinner - yum!- Al and I were able to catch this penultimate episode. I always like it when there's a bit of a switch up - like last week when Rob tried to psyche out two other teams and thanks to his "false" tip, those teams pulled ahead. Then tonight Rob and Amber and Ron and Kelly managed to get an earlier flight than the other two teams. That was great.
I cannot help rooting for Rob and Amber (who showed personality this week for the first time since she appeared on Survivor Outback. She was joking around with the Sherlock Holmes gear - it was nice to see, frankly). Their "machinations" are great. They are playing the game, as a game - a race to win and I more or less agree with them (although even I would have stopped to offer the brothers help a few weeks back).
Anyhoo, in the post-show interviews where all the teams were saying that they were going to win, I had to laugh at Ron saying that Rob and Amber lack morals. This seemed to be in reference to the fact that R&A yielded R&K this week. It's odd how Ron doesn't remember that he and Kelly were hoping against hope that they would get to the cluebox first so they could yield R&A - selective memory is a bitch, huh?
I would almost love a reunion ep for this season at the end of it all, just to see if people changed their tunes about other teams after watching all the footage...
All throughout the typing of this post, all I can really think about is the fact that dinner is made, and it's lasagna!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way - further to previous posts, I picked up the Astonishing X-Men 8 and 9 (rather Al picked them up and gave them to me) and I am less enthusiastic about these two issues than I was about the first seven. The writing didn't seem as smart - is Joss getting Marti Noxon's help again? We don't need another Buffy Season 6 dar by!<- My inner newf, who knew?
Take care,
V