BerryBrief

A place for thoughts on all things Berry.

Name:
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Monday, February 04, 2008

We can get you in...

But getting out will be a problem.
Turns out, US Customs had no problem letting me go into the US on my expired passport (I swear I did not know it was expired until i got to the airport and tried to express check in), but Air Canada had a problem letting me leave our neghbors to the south...
Exiting laws do not allow you to leave the US on an expired passport, regardless of US Customs (acting as agents of the US government in Canada - aren't they?) letting you travel in to the States the day before.
And the weather completely conspired against me so that I could not get a flight out to Buffalo and then drive across the border. Alas, I had to spend the afternoon at the Canadian Consulate waiting for them to verify my status as a Canadian citizen and giving me a letter of travel before heading to an airport hotel for the night and the earliest flight i could find back into Toronto. I may never leave Canada again!
So, at some point this week I need to get a new passport photo printed, application filled out and handed in.

Olivia has a great new love - Sherlinder - her pink gem bear, courtesy of grandma and poppa and build a bear. The people behind that build a bear are pure evil genius... Right up there with American Girl.
Anyway, she was twirling with Sherlinder and dancing with her, putting on her dress and shoes, taking off her dress and shoes, putting on dress and shoes, taking off dress and shoes. Dan was a little green eyed, but Olivia generously gave him another (albeit smaller) bear to play with. I still predict a trip to build a bear for dan in the not-too-distant future...

Take care,
V